Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jump!

SO, I've left NZ. Jon and I parted ways in the Christchurch airport and flew back to our respective homes on June 10th. I had 26 hrs at home between returning from NZ and flying out with the fam to Switzerland, where I've been for the last 10 days. Well not exactly Switzerland...
The Family is hiking the 'Tour du Mont Blanc.' It's a 105-mile, 10 day, backpacking trip through Switzerland, France, & Italy. We carry all of our own gear, but get breakfast, dinner, and a bunk at a refuge or hostel each night. It's actually surprisingly similar to the lifestyle that Jon and I had enjoyed for our last few weeks in NZ. The hikes are hard. As in 1400m (4500ft) of ascent and descent on many days.
I've been silly on this trip and traded my extra set of clothes for my netbook, so I've been able to slowly plug away at editing the thousands of photos from the last few months. Oddly enough, I found a wifi signal here in Trient, Switzerland (pop. 133). We have two days of hiking left to go and will finish up on Wednesday in Chamonix, France. On Thursday, I'm heading to Laussane to meet up with Bill Ference, who is magically coincidentally in Switzerland on holiday for a week.

more photos up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment